Pastor Willy's Blog - Complete Post
The numbers are now in from our X150 commitment in March and it is an amazing report to share. Close to 1200 families committed $11,400,000 over the next 3 years to X150 and just over $2,000,000 has been received as a “Firstfruits” offering. It is an amazing response and it means much of what we shared in our X150 vision can now move forward.
So what happens now? During our campaign we clearly shared our goals and what we would do depending on the amount of resources that were made available. So because of this historic commitment here is what is already happening and what will take place in the near future:
· Land Acquisition- We closed on the Italian American Club (IAC) property and were able to pay cash for it. We also finished paying for the Bayview Church property. Both of these properties expand our Clearwater campus for future ministry. We take control of the IAC next year and plan to redeploy it for a Community Outreach Center.
· Athletic Center- Our construction task force will now begin receiving formal bids for this project and hopes to choose a contractor early this summer. We believe we can break ground this summer and complete the project by early fall 2017.
· Future 3rd Campus- We are actively exploring sites for Calvary’s 3rd campus and hope to move toward launching a 3rd campus within the next year.
· Student Ministry Center- We can finish renovating our Student Ministry Center (SMC) in the near future.
· East Lake Campus- Our East Lake congregants came through in a huge way, committing more than $2,000,000 towards our X150 total. The new East Lake facility will be the single biggest ticket item in our immediate X150 plans and so it will require careful planning. Over the next year a task force already convened to guide this project (most of whom attend our East Lake campus) will be working with our architects and other potential construction partners to determine the final scope, designs and cost of the new facility. We will also be working through the very complicated permitting process. All of that will take at least a year to accomplish. Our financial leaders will begin escrowing a portion of our X150 gifts toward the East Lake project. Working together we will assess a number of factors, not the least of which will be the rate at which X150 funds are received, to determine the target date to break ground for new construction at East Lake. It is impossible for me to say right now when we will break ground, but as progress is made we will do our best to keep you informed and provide clear communication as we move toward this exciting goal.
· Church Planting and Revitalization- Significant funding will begin to come available toward our 10 year “Decade Dream” of multiplying by 100 churches internationally, 25 churches nationally and 25 churches locally. We will be rolling out new and expanded strategies in every one of those areas and I look forward to sharing them with you very soon. The work is happening. We have specific plans for church planting right now in Guatemala and Brazil, with more strategies being rolled out in Uganda, Russia, India and a few other places. We also hope to begin our Church Planting Center this fall. Calvary Pittsburgh East hopes to launch this fall and we have another church planter working with us who hopes to launch locally next year. There is a lot more to share here but let me assure you our X150 campaign has lit a fire in all of these areas.
Finally, let me conclude this exciting report by saying our X150 campaign has changed the conversation at Calvary. We now speak of our church vision as not addition, but multiplication. The impetus to multiply leaders and churches has created a momentum that cannot be ignored. Pray with me that God will grant it for His glory and that as Calvary moves past our 150th anniversary, we will not move past this new dream of multiplying by 150 over the coming decade. May it be a driving vision for the coming decade and by God’s grace may the dream become a reality. Your faithfulness and generosity in our X150 campaign is a huge step forward to seeing that very thing happen.